Friday, July 31, 2009

Woodford Reserve vs Knob Creek

Dear Dr. Sunday,

Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek? It drives me crazy every time I'm in the store and deciding between the two. I usually swing to the Knob Creek due to Woodford being a little more sweet, but I wanted your opinion.

k thx bai,
Towerz of Taylorz

P.S. I only drink these straight, so don't give me some bullshit about using mixers or anything like that.


Mr. Towerz,

I think that Knob Creek is the quintessential choice, especially for drinking straight. It has the kind of bold, manly aspect to it that fits perfectly in anything from a log cabin to a shady dive bar. You're not just buying the taste, you're buying the ambiance and the power. Or maybe you just really want to get hammered like a man.

Also, look at the bottles? Woodford Reserve looks like a bottle of perfume:


Now, look at Knob Creek:

That looks like a bottle of kick-ass barbecue sauce, or at the very least, a rather masculine aftershave.

Plus, think about the name: Woodford Reserve sounds like a golf course. Knob Creek sounds like a Civil War battlesite.

The choice is obvious, sir. I hope this has satisfied your curiosity.
Always Listening,
Dr. Sunday

9 comments:

  1. Upon re-reading, I tittered a little at the phrase "get hammered like a man."

    Also, I love you too, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try four roses.

    japanese owned bourbon in kentucky boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant observations sir, certainly it is an important step in any man's life to decide which direction that life will take; that of gentlemanly class, or base mediocrity. I myself prefer to get crunk via your recommended Knob Creek, with a pinch of caviar to stave off hunger and guard against imbibing in excess. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I only drink these straight, so don't give me some bullshit about using mixers or anything like that" I like this guy's attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me both are worth their price tags. They seem to me like a super-refined essence of Daniels (which started it all for me, "it" meaning the bourbon and whisky adventure), when Knob Creek is like a once-more-refined version. Very same league, thats for sure, and everybody's own taste makes the final decision.

    But, i am joining the club and choosing the civil war site. BTW, i love the bottle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dead fucking on, Dr Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow ur so manly. just man enough to suck my muffler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, anon. Manly would be NOT posting anonymously.

    Grow a pair.

    ReplyDelete