Thursday, July 23, 2009

Warrior Priest

Dear Doctor Sunday,

I have run into quite a problem and I really need advice! Today, I hit level 11 with my Warrior Priest in Warhammer Online (Dark Crag server holler!) and I have NO IDEA what to spec in! I mean, I think Path of Salvation could be great so I can heal ppl more effectively, but I need some specs for damage too! And what about my Renown Advancement?!? It's all so confusing!

Keep in mind that I want to be super leet with heals AND do moderate amounts of damage, as I will usually be using a 2h weapon with high DPS (I don't think I will be using 1h weapons and carrying tomes anytime soon, unless you suggest this).

Below are the calculators for Ability Training and Renown Advancement for the Warrior Priest. They will be very helpful.

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=12
http://www.wardb.com/renown.aspx?id=12

Thanks in advance for this!

You can find me at the Altdorf club, bottle full of bub,
Mami, I got that mead if you into getting drunk.

Asenca, Warrior Priest (Dark Crag Server)


Dear Asenca,

That's a doozy. I'm a geek, but I've never played that game at all-- still, Ask Dr. Sunday is about me doing my best, no matter the request, so I'll see what I can do.

Ok, here's my initial thought, upon spending some time perusing your question and making use of the tools you supplied. And please bear in mind, I have no actual exposure to this game, though the concept of the RPG in general is very familiar to me.

Clearly, your warrior priest, with your stated goals of super leet healing would definitely want to spec in the Path of Salvation. The healing and support skills are the best, and the Divine Assault core skill seems pretty hefty as well.

Conversely, your desire to bolster your attack skills to be able to do at least a moderate amount of damage seems the best usage of your Renown advancement. For example, Blade Master and Might, just in the first tier should give you plenty of juice.

I hope this helps you, and that your campaigns are successful. Keep me posted, Asenca.

Always listening,
Dr. Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment